Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Journal 1- Sense of Place

 
 
 
I live in a small residential community in Naples, Florida.  The subdivision is located in the middle of the city, and our house is situated on a short cul-de-sac.  There is a limited amount of community green space, the main area of environmental appeal in the neighborhood is the above pictured lake.  The lake is the habitat for several families of Muscovy ducks, turtles, bass, carp and an occasional alligator, until they are removed.  The lake provides enjoyment for the neighborhood children who like to fish there.  Although this is where I live, if someone were to ask me where I feel a true sense of place, I would have to say that is depicted in the picture below, Hiawassee, Georgia.  Hiawassee is where my family spends every summer vacation.  Hiawassee is a beautiful town located on Lake Chatuge, one of the lakes that makes up the Tennessee Valley Authority.  I am so much more aware of my environment there, because of the large amount of undeveloped, protected land and the beautiful lake.  It is beautiful, peaceful and where I truly feel my "sense of place"
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment